- September 23, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: +61 2 9239 0700
If you’ve ever searched for what to say and how to say it then this is the course for you!
Facilitating Difficult Discussions is intended for anyone who seeks to approach and conduct difficult discussions with more confidence. This highly interactive course is designed for those who need to give and receive authentic and timely feedback; managers, professionals, consultants, project managers, team leaders, supervisors, human resource consultants, trainers and administrators.
Difficult discussions can arise at any stage of our commercial (and private) lives e.g. as part of a performance management process; in conflict situations between colleagues; when responding to unsuitable behaviour; when delegating work or when a “no” or an apology are needed.
Learn why we avoid difficult discussions, how our personal experiences and styles impact on others and how to apply a range of practical communication skills and conflict resolution strategies to deliver and receive meaningful messages in a timely and constructive way.
This course equips participants with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand why we avoid difficult discussions and how this contributes to the “degree of difficulty”
- Analyse and prepare for a difficult discussion
- Recognise negotiating styles and apply appropriate communication techniques to deliver your message effectively
- Select strategies and processes to address specific performance or behavioural problems in a direct and respectful way
- Respond assertively to the use of unreasonable requests
- Deliver difficult messages in a constructive and timely manner
- Reflect on personal contribution to the conflict and its potential impact on others