- July 16, 2015
7:30 am - 8:45 am
Event Phone: +61 2 9239 0700
ADC Breakfast Workshops are a convenient, cost effective and enjoyable way to meet CLE and National Mediator Accreditation Standards’ CPD requirements to maintain your professional currency. Participants are eligible for one CPD point per workshop.
ADC workshops are highly interactive skills development sessions designed to hone the specialist skills of the mediator. Our workshops form a cornerstone of ADC’s Professional Development program for experienced and newly qualified mediators. Mediation practitioner-trainers conduct sessions focused on different topics each month.
Up-skill, add tools to your tool-kit and enjoy coffee and muffins with you peers.
THIS MONTH: PRE – MEDIATION SESSIONS – The benefits for you and your clients
Many experienced mediators consider a pre-mediation session the first step in the mediation process. In this workshop you will gain an understanding of the:
- purpose of a pre-mediation session;
- skills used to conduct the session and prepare the parties for mediation;
- techniques used in screening, identifying power issues and assessing suitability;
- procedural items that need to be covered;
- how to use the information gathered from pre-mediation to decide on a suitable process for mediation, and
- an effective structure to conduct the session.